Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Faith

There is a little boy in our church family that is fighting a mighty huge battle... cancer.
Many times a day Mick and his family come to my mind and I pray for strength, courage and most of all a miracle. Mick's dad, Tom is quite faithful in updating the CarePage that has been set up to communicate with family and friends. His words help keep Mick in my heart and mind and my prayers fresh. His words convey a sense of optimism and peace that only God can give in such a stressful season of life. The message boards have also been very touching to read. I wish I could find the entry that was posted early in Mick's battle... Someone mentioned another child, Elizabeth Daniels who was struggling with cancer miles away and suggested reading the blog dedicated to sharing the Daniels family journey through cancer.

http://www.danielsfamilyupdate.blogspot.com/
I have been keeping up with this blog and have been amazed by the faith of this family. They truly count on God to take care of them. By reading the entries, there is no doubt that God's providential care is fully at work. So... even though I have never met them and probably never will. I pray.

So much as been said about the negative consequences of our technology. It's true. Many disturbing things abound. But, it is also true that it makes the world a smaller place. A smaller place where we can encourage each other merely by our sharing our words of faith. And so... I will continue to pray.

1 comment:

Ed said...

I have friends in Maryland that I grew up with whose 7-year old son is recovering from cancer. He spent 2-years in and out of hospitals all up and down the east coast, from Baltimore to Boston. He is now doing well, and back in school and the doctors are very optimistic. They call him Griffin "The Warrior".

There is no question that everyone's thoughts, prayers, and support have helped their family to cope through a very trying time.