Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Mental Ping Pong


I am involved in the most ridiculous sport. Mental Ping Pong. Makes me crazy. I had a hard time getting to sleep last night due to this insipid game. Ping - I love my job. Pong. It's too hard. Ping. It's what I am meant to do. Pong. Maybe I should be doing something else. Ping. It's great for my family. Pong. It's hard on my family. Ping. I'm the best person for this job. Pong. Someone else could do it better.

Anyone can play this game! You can apply it to any aspect of your life!! Being a parent, housework, money, marriage. Believe me, I've tried them all! Other people call this game, self doubt, insecurity, etc...

Well... once I went to sleep I slept very well. But... and that's a really big butt :) This morning I awoke from a very disturbing dream. My family and I were on our way to church. Sitting in the car I realized we were 30 MINUTES LATE!! This is really bad for the Interim Director of Children's Ministries. LOL The weird thing was that Ray did not see this as any problem at all. We get to church. Apparently, all children's classes had been cancelled. No one seemed upset... quite a matter of fact. All the kids were in adult worship, which had a very low attendance. Then... my boss found me. He said, "Maybe we should pray before we chat."
Then I - thankfully - woke up.

I think too much.
Does that make sense?
Perhaps I need a new sport... maybe tennis? Don't know much about it. Don't they talk about love? LOL

No comments: