Friday, May 2, 2008

Our Pet



Now that the kids are getting older, they are being asked more and more often if they have a pet. I can only imagine that they get tired of telling people, "No, daddy and Micah are allergic to furry animals." Truth be told... I'm a little allergic to animals too. Hope and Micah have been asking for a fish for a long time. I finally caved. It does seem a little nicer when asked, "Do you have any pets?" to say, "Why yes! We have a fish."

His name is Goldie. To be honest, he really is quite cute. He has the funniest lips! Almost looks like he has on orange lipstick. If we are really getting honest here... the kids could really care less at this point. But, I've grown quite fond of him. I swear he gets excited when I get close to his bowl! He comes to the the side of the bowl and looks right at me. Of course, then I feed him ~ too much I'm sure. I also think I traumatized him during our photo shoot.

My question is...
What is the value of a little fish life? Surely at least $2.95.
Poor little Goldie. We only paid 15 cents for him. What a deal!

No comments: